On December 17, 1940, during World War II, the founder Otto Fahsig Sr., applied to register
his five year old company at the commercial register in Düsseldorf (Germany).
On January 21, 1941, our company was officially registered.
Due to the effects of the war the business
premises had to be moved several times in Düsseldorf. First, the company was
at Tussmann Street No. 33. Next, it was on Franklin Street, then on RethelStreet
and finally, in Düsseldorf-Benrath on Hauptstrasse
(Mainstreet) No. 10. During the war one storage was destroyed
by bombs and another was lost in a fire caused by an incendiary
bomb. Delivery vehicles were destroyed or confiscated by the armed
forces of that time. Consequently, the office and supply
depot of the company were temporarily moved to Weesp, Netherlands.